Monday, April 30, 2012

"Save the Earth" Cricut Crawl

Welcome to (BowmanCrafts) and the SEVENTH Fantabulous Cricut Crawl...Fantabulous Cricut's version of a Blog Hop!
In honor of our Home Planet, Mother Earth, we're having a "Save the Earth" Crawl...each Design Team member will be featuring an original Upcycled-Themed Project that includes at least one Reuseable/Recycled Item along with at least ONE Cricut Cut
 
If you've come from visiting ( Suzanne) at (http://cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com/), you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our Fantabulous Cricut Crawl, start HERE ( FCCB).
 
Make sure to check out each DT member's blog for some awesome inspiration! There will be PRIZES along the way at our DT members' blogs, AND there will be a Grand Prize up for grabs at FCCB for one participant that submits a "Save the Earth" project at FCCB!
 
Here is my project:
 
I cut the base, birdhouse and fence all out of cereal boxes.  I glued either 2 or 3 layers together for support.  I made a pattern for the house and fence. (the fence was super easy)I covered the house in pattern paper and distressed it. The roof line was made using a border punch. Here is the base of the  pattern I made:
The sides and roof are just rectangles. My original pattern was in 2 pieces but I cut the birdhouse front and back in one. I cut the circle in the front with a nestability die.
I added the bird, flowers and branches to finish things off. I don't know if you can see it very good but I painted the fence with distress crackle paint in picket fence.
Now for my cricut cut:
 
I used the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge. I cut the  scallop out  at  .75 I also used vintage photo and distressed each piece. This is a picture of the roof a close up in the next picture I show how I made one side of the roof open.

Then inside I made 3 tiny eggs out of polymer clay. I even have little brown specs in them.

And last just another close up.

I had lots of fun doing this. I think I will cut up cereal  boxes again.

Now it's your turn! Let's see your Upcycled-Themed projects! Make sure to include a Cricut Cut somewhere on your project!
 
Next stop...(Tanya)'s blog, (http://nonnascraftcorner.blogspot.com/). Go see what she has in store for you today... And when you're done, make sure to link up your project to FCCB's Fantabulous Cricut Crawl post to be entered into the contest!
 
 
Happy Crafting,
 
Tammy

30 comments:

  1. WOW this is so pretty!! i can't believe this is out of a cereal box how cool!
    Kristan (new Follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...cute idea! I will have to give that a shot. We all have cereal boxes, lol! Your details are amazing and just love the distressing, the roof and the cute picket fence!! Love this!!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning! I love it! I will definitely have to try this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy your birdhouse is just amazing! What a wonderful way to bring a bit of spring time into your home! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What an amazing birdhouse--just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy,Oh my your birdhouse is just BEAUTIFUL!FANTASTIC job with all the AMAZING details,Have a great day!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't believe that is made out of cereal boxes! Amazing job! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice job. Great attention to detail, really adds to it. thanks for sharing.
    srhswney78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO pretty! I LOVE how you did the roof shingles and decorated this cute birdhouse! What a great idea for using old cereal box's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! this is soooooo beautiful!
    Sheila, FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful project from cereal boxes! Thank you for all the detailed directions! The clay eggs are fabulous! Great project! I am a new follower #38. Please come visit me sometime!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just darling!
    suekimmet at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Tammy, this birdhouse is absolutely stunning! i had to read to find out what you made it from, {looks like a wooden birdhouse}. It looks so nicely made & neat! Thanks for sharing this pretty project.

    Janis aka ~JD~
    jdegouff@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tammy, this is adorable! Such a great use of cereal boxes! I love the paper that you used & the eggs are a great touch!!Great job on the project for the crawl!!
    Melissa
    FCCB DT
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a gorgeous bird house with cereal boxes. Love the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute idea...love birdies and birdhouses!! I save "everything", so what a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely lovely and creative! Great idea for recycling....love it! TFS!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is awesome. Something like that would take me years to make! haha.
    Thanks for sharing,
    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful- love the way you detailed the eggs so carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous way of doing the roof! Wow.

    lisa - ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com
    lisa dot rea at kbmg dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty...I like everything about this birdhouse and I love how you used crackle to give the fence an old feel. Ill have to try this out on one of my projects. Thanks for the inspiration. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow I love your cereal box project. All of the fine details down to the specks on the eggs are great I'm doing this hop on my phone when I get home I will follow your blog can't wait to see your projects
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just absolutely gorgeous. I love the soft colors but your bird pops, its the first thing you see on the house. I love the roof details, the punched border....! Everything just works so well. You did a fabulous job.
    Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cool that you used cereal boxes! The inking on the roof is my fav detail. :)

    Your DT pal,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!! That is so cool!! I love it!!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is absolutely stunning! Your details are incredible and work together so wonderfully for a finished project that's just perfect! Wow!
    (I am SO sorry that I'm SO behind in blogging. I did want to see your Save the Earth project though - and am glad I found some time to pop by!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a double-opening gate. A single gate for foot traffic, but then the entire fence is able to open up to move larger items, such as a boat.cyclone fence

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day.